SL Viewer 2 for Linux - all html content is blank?

Kaeli Candour

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okee, I recently bit the bullet and downloaded viewer 2 and stopped using Phoenix.  Viewer 2 runs like a dream, with one minor (but major) caveat.  Here are my specs:

Ubuntu 10.04
NVidia GeForce Something-Or-Other, I don't recall, the 3d portions are beautiful, so this isn't the issue

The problem I'm having is with any HTML content.  This includes the home panel, search window, profiles, and anything inside the in-world browser.  WHenever I try to load anything in any of these windows, it loads, shows the content for about a half-second, and then the window turns a blank charcoal grey that matches the rest of the GUI.

Trying this in a browser, if I press STOP during the split-second the content appears, it STAYS visible.  So the data is loading properly, and something the viewer is doing is rendering it invisible.

Lacking a stop button, this doesn't work in the search window, of course.

I've googled this issue and I'm just not finding anything else like it at all.  Any ideas?  I'm otherwise pretty impressed by Viewer 2 and would like to keep using it, if I can.

K

I'm going to guess that it's some autorefresh code forcing the UI out, but that's only a wild guess...cockies aren't in the same prefs table as the other two on the linux UI? freakish....

I wish I could help more, I was hoping it was just something simple and linux ui was just slow to block those things when the proper items werent enabled =(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.