Missing Inventory Items

Tel Sorbet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since I installed the new viewer, I have half my Inventory missing, I've tried waiting for the inventory to build up and gone into basic, but nothing, and it all seems to be the expensive stuff that I bought.

I even wrote to Linden Labs, andthey said it's because I'm a Basic user, so what, as a basic user my dollars were good enough to buy the accessoties in the first place.

So please is there anyone out there who can explain to me, how I can get these items back?

this is a rather common problem and I've read multiple solutions...the one that ussually works for me is go intome> preferences>set-up> and click reset for the cache location. Log off and then log back on and start the process of rebuilding your inventory. You could also go under user data on a windows PC and find your cache folder-it's listed on the above mentioned tab...move it to another location and restart the inventory process.

I do this about once a month as it also seems to clear up the blurry focus problem I sometimes get (my textures on my self blur and won't come into focus even after areload textures).

Hope this helps.

Dim Sum Garden group banner (750x167).jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I bought a shower a few days ago, then my bf deleted part of the house and rerezzed it. so i went to move the hot tub that was in the shower and when i moved the tub the shower disappeared. I had the Estate Owner look for it, he even did a sim restart and still nothing. The shower is expensive. I am not a premium member and can't put in for a ticket, Is there anything I can do? Where i bought the shower they won't help, say there is nothing they can do..Thanks

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I just installed the new version of sl, and half my inventry went missing i am a regular cache cleaner, so when i instaled and half my inventry was gone.

I had to reinstal SL and clear cache again, my boyfriend  realised it is down to the sloppy work of the Sl programmers who did the update, he being a software engineer/developer/programmer. knows that all it took was for SL programmers to have cleared the cache during the update process. Very sloppy work. Not to mention the stress it causes people who are unaware. \so i am just writing this tjust to let people know what, and who, needs to be done and who is truly responsable for this.

Regards.

Twylyte.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.