Starting up the game !

Angiex3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

OKAY, I downloaded second life succesfulyy, but when i wanted to play the game it wouldnt let me it told it me "the application failed to initalize properly (0xc0000142). click on OK to terminate the application". what is that suppose to mean?, i havent  even gotten to play it yet i just downloaded it. can someone please help me i really want to try this gamee. i would really appreciate if you can help me step by step or anyway that can  help. 

thanks, 

angie

4 answers to this question

Do you get this message when you run the installation file, or after the installation when trying to start the viewer? If the installation file does not work, you might want to download it again in case the file is corrupt or incomplete.

If the already installed viewer gives you trouble, there is a number of third party viewers that might work for you: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory. Imprudence and Phoenix are both quite popular.

It could also be a problem with your hardware. Are you sure that your PC meets the system requirements for Second Life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.