I cant hear Music

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello everyone

i have viewer 2 and i cant  hear music,  its been working fine but then all sudden just stopped, when ever i log in it plays for 3 seconds then cuts off, i have spoke to linden labs about, but thay cant see wot the problem is, told me to post here.

my account is fine as i have checked it on my laptop but on my pc it wont work, i have reset my pc back to factory settings 3 times in the hope it would fix any problems but still the same, i have even tried phoneix and imbpurdance severs and still the same no music, in my pref sound options i noticed in the output the volume is not moveing like its does when im on the laptop, (this in on viewer 2) i just am lost what to do nexted does anyone have any ideas to maybe help me

im on windows 7

Kye Lemondrop wrote:

hello everyone

i have viewer 2 and i cant  hear music,  its been working fine but then all sudden just stopped, when ever i log in it plays for 3 seconds then cuts off, i have spoke to linden labs about, but thay cant see wot the problem is, told me to post here.

my account is fine as i have checked it on my laptop but on my pc it wont work, i have reset my pc back to factory settings 3 times in the hope it would fix any problems but still the same, i have even tried phoneix and imbpurdance severs and still the same no music, in my pref sound options i noticed in the output the volume is not moveing like its does when im on the laptop, (this in on viewer 2) i just am lost what to do nexted does anyone have any ideas to maybe help me

im on windows 7

Have you updated your quicktime recently?  http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

That might help.

Kye Lemondrop wrote:

yes the viewer 2 beta yup i tried that linden labs gave me the link to it and still no joy, im sure its sometihng to do with my out put cos the sqaures are not lighting up on the volume as u can see here i took a pic of it

also i have tried differant outputs but still the same

Interesting, what OS is the laptop?

ETA looks like a V2 preference screen. 1.23.5 Viewer looks different.

urm wots an OS?

yeah thats was viewer 2 i went back to vieewer 2 but it does look the same on beta i just downloaded beta again and this is the pic

http://i56.tinypic.com/2vtocvb.jpg

looks totally the same unless im not down loaded the right link but it says second life beta

also your notice the play buttons are not high lightered

http://i52.tinypic.com/2hi9t9v.jpg

yup all my other sounds work you tube works and my windows sounds work, since we spoke last i have took the stream urls and used them in my windows media and winamp and on them it does same thing plays for 3 seconds and then cuts off, but it will play normal radio streams just not sl urls

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.