Slight issue with rigging when uploaded into SL

Shushie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2488 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, the body behaves perfectly in blender, and is super smooth, but when I bring it in SL, I get, for example, something like this:

In Blender:

f2ddc37f76d7644d3142d9acf713baf6.png

In SL:

23fdabd401e3e52d11c0b4a9dae75444.png

Has any encountered this problem/maybe knows the solution for it? No matter how I move the armature in blender I can't seem to replicate this, and I made sure my shape in SL is identical to the shape settings on my avastar. I'm currently ONLY wearing the body in SL, so I'm not wearing any other mesh with joint positions included, and I've tried resetting animations/skeleton and relogging. Thank you for your time! :)

Short gif of moving armature in blender: https://gyazo.com/ad65c7e9c25d70670eb05ccdf53c2960

Edited by Shushie

OOP! Just had someone on SL tell me something that it could be. For anyone who's having a similar problem, it turns out SL is lame and can only support 4 vertex groups fer vertex. Which is why it behaves differently in blender than SL. There's a weight tool that can limit the weights to only 4 groups though. After that it's just a matter of smoothing out the problem areas with blur, while making sure not to exceed 4 groups on any vertex. Avastar has a tool to check any vertexes that are over 4 under tools called "> Weight Limit".

Will update if this solves my issue :) <3

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2488 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.