Cylinder Texturing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4793 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Howdy there, I've recently started sculpting and I've just made a barrel that looks pretty much like I want it except for the top, which I closed, so that it wouldn't be a big hole. Apparently SL or something else doesn't like this and the texture I made for this sculptie has turned into a pizza on top.  http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l598/Ejjarufaf-OHare/barrel_001.png

Does anyone know how to fix this? If so I'll give free hugz!

Go into preferences and turn up Object Details. It's pre-set at the lowest setting so everyone sees crap.

If that's no good, you may have to work that mesh some more. Hard to tell what's really going on but it's just a simple shape.

It sometimes helps to pull the edges of the top together in a line rather that a point. This keeps the faces, next to the drawn together edges, squarer so the texture has less scrunching at the join.

Also, the texture MUST TILE perfectly where the sculpt edges meet. (This could also be part of your problem.)

Ejjarufaf OHare wrote:

How do I make it a line instead of a point?

To collapse the vertices to a point, you would have had to scale along two axes.  If you scale along just one axis you'll collapse half the points to meet the other half, thus forming a line instead of a point.

cylinders.jpg

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4793 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.