cannot change the Landmark

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4825 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When posting an event we would like the LM to be right in the middle of the sim but instead it points to an area that is not appropriate.  We have reset and changed the landing point numerous times but on the event page it continues to point to that one spot, how can we change the LM?

I have asked this before and have gotten the usual generic answers but I am hoping for something a bit more helpful this time.  I know for a fact, that there are other clubs who are not listed as hang outs and their landing point is on or near the middle.  SO if they can do it how do we do it?

Well first of all, where have you set the landing point? That's what your landmark will be based upon.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/About-Land-window/ta-p/700159#Land_Options

Also if you want to force it, you want to set the teleport routing.

Also be aware that for an event to be able to use a landing point, the parcel has to be set to show in search.

The land is owned by different groups, the 232 parcel is owned by the staff group, the main club is owned by a different group, the group owner has to set a role to allow people to create events, it looks like they have for the staff group but not the other group.

omg, i cant believe how simple the fix was, I was made an "owner" of this group but I am not really a full owner, only an owner by name so I can be kicked (ouch) by the true owner if I dont behave.  Fair enuff, and I was also made "event host" so that I could post events.  I am full owner of the staff group so there i have all my ticks and as our staff room has been deeded to my group, it sees this as my land and therefore I am allowed to host events there.  I went through all the ticks that the event host should went, comparing it to the ticks I had in the other group that I own and guess what, I was never given the right to host events on the main group land, I gave myself the tick and now it shows up as a landing point for our events, amazing what one little tick mark can or cannot do.   Thanks to Claran Laval and some addition help from Wolf Mactavish for pointing me towards the solution and thanks to everyone else for trying to help too

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4825 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.