Thanks AT&T: A question about average SL bandwidth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ran everything again just now. 60% packet loss again, 22ms ping, 8ms jitter, 9.91Mbps download, 1.7Mbps upload. And this is to the closest possible servers which are actually in town. As in couldn't be more than 6-10 miles away.

Houston, we have a problem! :womanmad:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd definitely raise some hell.... that kind of crap isn't acceptable.

as for your router behavior? dunno why it would suddenly retry dhcp just because you logged in, but I suppose it could be doing that...

unfortunately there's not really much you can do on your end other than leave the computer always on and always connected to some sort of live feed like an IM client. and even that's not guaranteed.

I've seen the exact same problem and the tech swore up an down it wasn't their equipment....  that is until it was pointed out that they had just switched the head end equipment to their DSL processing plant, which of course had the old timeout inactive connections behavior built in... last I heard they were unable to do anything to actually fix the problem because they'd sold off all the old cable plant equipment...

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Um... sweety.. have you ever given much thought that you could be cursed by the devil?

...Dres

LOL! Well now that you mention it...after the pingtest result below, I'd have to say...not anymore. This is with AT&T DSL (although they gave me the wrong speed so I'll be calling them tomorrow and telling them to turn me up to 6Mbps and not 3Mbps).

This is what pingtest is supposed to look like! WAATAWWW!!!! /throws pathetic sidekick

pingrock.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.