Newbie DJ looking for an oppourtunity.

DJFK

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi All.

I'm very new to this game world, and the job of a DJ is what seems to be taking my eye.  I've done DJ'ing in the past in RL and i've read up on streaming etc im now just looking for a club to let me play a little!  I'd be happy to start of with a half an hour set or somthing in an established club and working for just tips seems absolutely fine at the moment.  Maybe even the chance to chat with resident DJ's with similar music tastes would be good.

I play mainly popular trance and club classics etc.  And i mix live of course.

If anyones interested pop a post on here, and ill get back too you.

Thanks a Lot

Hi, I've been a DJ in SL for three years.  I have no experience as a DJ in RL, but that did not stop me from having fun in SL.  I would suggest that you visit some of the clubs where the genre is similar to what you like to play.  Listen to the house DJs and grab applications.  The club where I DJ does not play trance but you are welcome to visit and fill out an application if you like.  Search on Ambrosia Dance Club.

The vast majority of DJs in SL work for tips or a percentage (usually 90%) of tips.  Some clubs, after hearing you play for about 20 minutes, will let you play a set and see how it goes.  If it goes well, you can get on their calendar with predictable gigs. 

Feel free to pop me an IM inworld if you have specific questions and I will try to help.  Good luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.