white blob question - old Av

Debbi Moisant

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

have been off of SL for a year or two. Uploaded and installed the latest viewer as SL requested. Logged into the account today and everything seems OK. Inventory loaded (according to the inventory count). Av is a white blob. Read through Knowledge Base answer (http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_bake_fail) and it suggested I go to Hippo Hollow, take off everything in current outfit and replace shape, skin, hair and eyes. Bought new shape, skin, hair and eyes and put them on.  Have rebooted but no success. Tried the other suggestions but some, like Tex.Refresh don't show up on my screen when I follow the instructions. Created a second account and it works great. - I can see the av, can dress it and can move it throughout SL. Any ideas?

2 answers to this question

If you are using the LL viewer:

Activate the Develop menu in the top menu bar with CTRL+ALT+Q

Develop -> Avatar -> Character Tests -> Test Female (or male).

If you are using Firestorm viewer:

In the top menu bar of the viewer, go to Avatar -> Avatar Health -> Reset default female (or male) avatar.

Does your avatar then rez?

If not, then it's likely more then a case of standard bake fail.

If the above steps don't help, Open your inventory & in the inventory search bar, type in "Current Outfit" (without the quotes).

Do you have more then one folder named Current Outfit showing up in the search results?

Also search inventory for the term "Current Look" (without the quotes).

Do you have an inventory folder named Current Look?

If you multiple Current Outfit folders or a folder named Current Look, you have this bug & LL support wil need to fix your inventory: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SUN-99

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.