Why can I suddenly not open my viewer? It is up to date graphically, nothing has changed..

Deta Catnap

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3020 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey,

I've been on SL for yonks and used this laptop I'm using for like the last 2 years up to last week. I tried to log on all this week and it won't launch. It opens up the viewer, runs all the intro.. type ur name in.. goes through the little bar loading up.. gets to 100% and then boom FREEZE.. says not responding.. closes down. Its like just at that point it normally opens up. Ive tried every viewer, each one does the same thing and my laptop is fast enough. Any ideas what the problem could be?

I turned off my firewall for the time being.. but I'm not very tech savvy on all this graphics stuff if someone can explain simply what to look for or any suggestions?

Thanks- I'm getting withdrawals and its making me sad :'(

Deta 

P.s- it doesnt say anything like ur comp isnt compatile or anything. Just freezes and then says not responding. 

1 answer to this question

What happens when you try to open it?  Add information to your post by using the Options/Edit link at the upper right.

EDIT:  Thanks for the update.

Try logging in with an alt account and see if that works.  If you don't have an alt, make one...just go through the sign up process again.  If you can get in with the alt, but not your main account, you probably have a corrupted inventory cache.  See this link for information on how to address that.  http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_cache_clear

If that does not work, then you can also try logging in with an Android device and the Lumiya viewer app, available for a small fee on the Google Play Store.  Once logged in, use that app to change your outfit.  I recommend you use Library/Clothing/More Outfits/Ruth to put on a simple, basic avatar.  Then try logging in with your regular viewer again.

Regarding your firewall:  You most likely have two firewalls...the software firewall on your computer, and the NAT firewall built into your router.  Use the information in this article to make sure that both firewalls have ports open for SL.  https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Using-Second-Life-with-a-firewall/ta-p/13...  You'll need to consult your router's manual for how to access it with your web browser and configure its firewall.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3020 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.