Mesh head does not line up help?

Mariano Ree

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2986 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

So I'm having problems with my Mesh head. In blender its lined up perfectly! The weight paints are set just how i want it and the head moves perfectly with the rig. Now my problem is when I upload to SL, the head shrinks and doesn't even come close to lining up with the neck area like it does in blender. Am I missing a step forgetting something? I need help! 

I do not use Avastar. But I am using the workbench-271.blend provided by the Machinimatrix site. Any ideas where I'm going wrong? Pictures below.

You have to ensure that all weights on the seam vertices between head and upper body are exactly identical.

Actually if your body is the original SL Avatar then for this particular problem the fix is even easier. Since the default Avatar has weighted this area only to the mNeck bone, all you nee to do is this:

• Select the seam vertices on the head (in Edit mode)
  • In the Object Data Properties locate the Vertex Groups Section
  • Open the pulldown menu on the side of the vertex group list
  • Select "Remove from all groups"
  • in the vertex group listing select the mNeck vertext group
  • Then assign a weight of 1.0 to the selected vertices

This should fix the problem

Thank you for the reply Gaia!

Sadly it did not work. I did exactly as you said but nothing. When I upload the mesh head it still comes up smaller then what it looks like in blender, not lining up or fiting the default SL avatar torso. There is a picture below.

You can try it yourself real quick if you'd like, to see if its me or the workbench. I'm trying to upload the default "MALE" Mesh head that you provided in your "avatar workbench 271" from your website.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2986 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.