Trouble moving avatar sitting on prim

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3122 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I hope this is the correct place to be asking this question. Here’s my story: 

It used to be that my avatar could sit on a prim which when in edit mode I could change an axis parameter to move it and my avatar would move as well with the prim. Now when I try that the prim moves, but my avatar does not. From what I’ve read so far Linden Labs has been making changes and moving an avatar sitting on a prim has to be done another way.

What I actually want to do is program the prim with an avatar sitting on it to move to a certain location. So I found this webpage:  

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-3408?focusedCommentId=88574

… which displays this line of code:  

llSetLinkPrimitiveParams(llGetNumberOfPrims(), [PRIM_POSITION, <0,0,54> ]);

When I use this code my avatar moves according to the vectors I set, but the prim does not. It stays put. If I substitute  llGetNumberOfPrims()  with  LINK_ROOT  or  LINK_SET  my avatar and prim move together, but only down, in the Z axis (seemingly by a fixed amount, about -5 meters, but I have to do more experimentation).

I’d like to know what’s up. What am I doing wrong? I just want to trigger a ride so at a certain point my cart with avatar(s) sitting in it jumps to another location. Thanks, in advance, for any advice.

You're right Cerise, in edit mode I moved the prim +4 Z and the prim moved up but I didn't. Then I pressed Ctrl + R and I moved to match the prim's movement. Thank you! I'll have to keep experimenting to make sure I can program the movement when triggered. :)

P.S.: In the past I didn't have to press Ctrl + R. I'm assuming changes Linden Labs is making is affecting that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3122 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.