JUST made my first mesh and....

Grace Winnfield

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

YAY!  after the initial confusion regarding unwrapping (which I find fun) in order to be able to apply a texture (who knew...!?  None of the 25 videos I watched told me I had to do that before saving my Dae....) I am ready to begin sizing and texturing.  Pretty sure once I get my avatar shapes loaded I will be ok with sizing (can I resize without having to rerig??? I was told rigging was ONCE then resize would be ok).  I am trying to figure out how to make a SHADOW MAP.  Can someone lead me to some good video resources as to how to do this?  I know how to make an AO map (and though I prefer this style for photoshop texturing over a uv) but really like to design on a shadow map in photoshop.  Also looking for good clear video resources to learn texturing in blender.  Not sure I will do blender texturing though.  Photoshop is just what I'm used to and I find it easy if the map is good.  Thanks for any help!  I will list what I am seeking clearly below so that if you don't want to read this you can see it easier.

1.  Can I resize my rigged mesh without having to re-rig?

2.  Can someone point me to good video resources for learning to make SHADOW maps in blender FOR CLOTHES?  Can this be done?

3. Can anyone lead me to a really good video that clearly explains how to texture in Blender?

I am using the most current version of blender (downloaded it 3 weeks ago) and the most current avastar (just got it last week)

Thank you in advance!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.