A deformer link that messes up your avatar when you click it?

AngelDustBunny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I doubt I'll find it, but once I saw someone's profile and they had some catchy link saying "Real photo of me in the link" or something like that. I have NO idea if it's against TOS so forgive me for looking lol. 

But anyway I was curious as most of us are... And when I clicked it, my avatar did something weird and was all messed up. Stretched out, deformed like a monster. And then the person caught me trying to be nosy, lol. 

It was harmless, and I don't intend to use it in a bad way. Just for fun. If anyone knows if it's an object or a link I'd appreciate it!

1 answer to this question

I know but am not telling.

Yes, it is a practical joke and as old as SL,  but a lot of people don't think it's funny.  Your profile is supposed to be there for the public so it itsn't being nosy for people to look at it or to take advantage of any information you put there.  It may not be strictly against the TOS, but that won't stop victims from getting angry and feeling that it is a form of harassment.  Some may even AR you for it.

It certainly isn't a good way to start a friendship.  People with that kind of link in their profile, is just a flag for me to avoid them because they get their jollies at the expense of other people who don't know about it. 

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.