Any way to trick the Oculus Rift viewer to go into SBS 3D mode without a HMD plugged in?

AnnoyedDragon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Android apps like TrinusVR let you stream games to your device for use in Google Cardboard and compatible headsets (e.g. ColorCross), however there is no stereoscopic 3D effect as it needs to be done on the applications end. The problem with the Oculus Rift viewer for Second Life is it refuses to go into side by side 3D mode unless it detects a head mounted display is plugged in.

Is there any way to trick the viewer into thinking a HMD is present so I can get the stereo 3D in TrinusVR? The only alternative is to cough up $40 for TriDef and cross my fingers that it supports Second Life (not on the supported list) even though technically we know SL already supports SBS 3D. You just need to get past the "No HMD Detected" error blocking the way.

1 answer to this question

I suspect that the Linden Lab Oculus Rift Viewer project is [tightly] designed only for the Oculus Rift headgear and does not support any other 3D headgear at this time. That may change in the future if LL decides to include an Open Source 3D Headgear Toolkit.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.