You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3284 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I was in the middle of updating my outfits with a mesh body when I noticed there was no broken links. I tested my hunch with a prim box and when it was deleted the broken link vanished. Now I know this is nice and helpful in clearing out people's clutter and avoid dozens of questions asking about broken links but this also creates another problem.

Auto deleting broken links doesn't solve the problem it just hides one of the symptoms. Something that I'd like to be aware of instead of putting on an outfit and wondering "Why doesn't this look right? What am I missing?"

There's also the fact that if you are missing a few pieces of your avatar (skin, shape, base hair, eyes, etc) that the outfit won't attach, no matter how many times you try. They require these pieces and if I were to update one say the skin or eyes and delete the old one. Then all the broken links in those outfits are gone and I wouldn't even consider it a problem until I try to wear an outfit and be scratching my head as to why it won't attach.

With that said, I was hoping someone might know of a way of stopping this from happening, maybe a debug setting or something I can flick on/off.

Failing that, maybe we can have a discussion to have this auto delete undone or at least an option put in for the rest of us who prefer to have broken links so we can fix them ourselves.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3284 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.