WANTED: Mesh Clothing Creator

ZoeyDelilah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Even at the current prices, those are ridiculously cheap for a fufll perm template.  If that price is too much, the L$60,000 for a full perm custom unique might be a shade too far.  Yes you might get someone cheaper but understand that Meli's price is based on volume not a one off.  It might help if you state whether the use is to be exclusive to you as that's a huge difference.

Basically I am with Sassy on that. And 60k sounds ridic for me and yes I agree I had such offers or even more before too. Though with the level of details on the top plus its a pregnant dress needs some details to keep your eye on. Pretty sure you will find somebody who does that for much less than 60k :)

Indeed, details are good. Also, I'm quite surprised that anyone would pay to have custom work done by someone else, so that they can then sell it in their own store, or that any designer would go for that? is this a normal thing in sl, to buy a store specifically to sell things you didn't make? Not a criticism, just haven't come across this before so genuinely curious. I'm not even sure how much money I would ask for on full perm and ip, I suppose it boils down to how much I think I could have made on it myself.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello
I am a professional mesh artist.I made hundreds of SL mesh. I saw you in the discussion L $ 60000? You do not need so much. Will be far less than the price. High quality, fast and cheap.
Contact princessbox88 in SL please
 E-mail:Princessbox@hotmail.com
Princessbox88 skype:
Forward to your reply. Looking
You and your family Greeting

GOOD-FAST-CHEAP.jpg

@TomH78:  I guess there's a distinction between designer and creator.  If someone is a designer as in draws concepts but doesn't have the skills to bring it to product, I see no issue with that designer/creator relationship.  It's no different from complex products where someone needs to be animator, sound artist, texture artist, scripter etc. all in one.  It's often more sensible to get some of that outsourced. 

However, picking a product from a RL catalogue and having that made by someone else to re-sell is ... wait!  That's pretty much what Jonty Glaser did with Stiletto Moody Shoes and they were all outsourced for creation by underpaid workers (who allegedly didn't get paid towards the end).

Then there's the issue of IP rights http://newlegalreview.cpaglobal.com/legal-tensions-escalate-rights-virtual-goods/

Either way, to discard say L$60,000 as "too much, no need to pay that", that's where the difference in standards of living cross over from SL to RL.  There are creators who have very real bills to pay, competing with others who sustain themselves on a few handfuls of rice where the pay is measured in single $'s per day or week.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.