How's your make up?

valerie Inshan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4939 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Kascha. The tattoo layers appeared when the viewer 2 was launched.

They allow you to wear hair bases, make-up, freckles, etc. If you use viewer 2, maybe this link can help although it is not recent.. (I'm not much a technician, lol) : http://juicybomb.com/2010/11/01/how-to-wear-multiple-tattoo-layers/

I'm afraid I cannot be much helpful about this as I am still using viewer 1.23 (I never liked viewer 2 very much...). I was lucky to find a skin at Unique Megastore with a hair base. This allows me to wear updo hair with a very natural look at the roots.

BTW, thank you for your lovely picture. I like your natural make-up very much!

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

1st life I always wear foundation, lip gloss and eye liner.  My skin is so pale I can not wear much more.

2nd Life I typically wear a little more.

110316_012.jpg

You have always such a great taste, Rhonda! I just love this make up, the match between the eyes and the lips is perfect. And how amazing your SL eyes look like the ones in your badge! Beautiful job!

@Kascha - Yes, there is a new under-layer specifically for skin layer tattoos, but it's useful for so many other things as well. If you go into appearance mode and don't see both 'tattoo' and 'alpha' buttons on the left with the rest of the clothing layers, then you'll just need to update your viewer to get them. The tattoo layer is basically a second skin layer for head, upper body, and lower body that shows over the skins textures, but under everything else, so is perfect for tattoos as well as cosmetic or custom alterations. The alpha is a black and white variant of that which tells the viewers which parts of those 3 body textures to render or not, just like a regular transparency texture in a tga or gif file, but can only be either 'all showing' or 'not showing at all' (no semi-transparencies allowed **grumbles and utters something mumbly and offensive towards LL**). Both tattoo layer and alpha layer use the same UV map as normal skin textures do, so one can use any of the free skin/clothing creation templates as a guide.

@Dee - Hi there :smileywink::smileyhappy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4939 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.