llSetLinkPrimitiveParams Rotation Issue

jennifer Camino

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4831 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone i been playing around with llSetLinkPrimitiveParams and llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast  on a generator thing i threw together for my stargate set up it originally had a script in each bit that needed moving, but i figured i could do it with llSetLinkPrimitiveParams.  Witch works perfectly but the rotating top bit is getting me. The issue is it works perfectly til the object the main script is in rotates  I played with what code i have with no luck i been reading on LSL wiki and Portal and still can't get it. But on the other token i think its a simple fix. Lemme paste what code i got so far the idea came from a door mover script i found i tweaked to it use Link Prim Parms  If anyone could provide some insight into id really apperaciate it    

thank you again for all you previous help :)

//top move   definitions at the top of script
vector tr_open = <0, 0, 0>;    //Rot                                                                                                                                                               vector tr_closed = <0, 0,90>; //rot off
vector tp_open = <-0.00, 00,0.199>;                                                                                                                                                       vector tp_closed = <-0.000, 0.0, 0.199>;

This was in the script right under definitions

rotation LocalRot(rotation localrot)
{
    rotation LocRot = localrot / ( (ZERO_ROTATION / llGetLocalRot()) * llGetRot());
    return LocRot;

And heres the Move line

Gen_on()
{
llWhisper(0,"Powering up");
llMessageLinked(LINK_ALL_OTHERS, 0, "l on", NULL_KEY);
llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(8,[PRIM_POSITION, s2p_open]);
llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(7,[PRIM_POSITION, sp_open]);
llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(6,[PRIM_ROTATION, LocalRot(llEuler2Rot(tr_open * DEG_TO_RAD)), PRIM_POSITION, tp_open]);

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4831 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.