Second_Life_3_7_20_296094_i686_Setup, is anyone else having an issue with this like me?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2306 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I never let the system install updates.  Something can get corrupted.  It's much better to do a clean install, and here are the instructions on how to do it:http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231

EDIT:  @Wycked Vella:  The failure to initialize VFS is generally due to a corrupt download of the installer file.  Delete that file from your downloads and re-download a fresh copy.  Then do a clean install.

SECOND EDIT:  A number of people are reporting this problem.  You should do two things:

1.  File a JIRA bug report.  Include as much detail as you can about your system and the error messages you are getting.

2.  Delete your installation and either re-install a previous version (you did save your prior downloads, right?  They should be in your Downloads folder) or install one of the many fine third party viewers.

The viewer will not insist you install the update if you select "download and install updates manually" in your Preferences.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2306 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.