Can you sue people for L$ for a SL baby? I'm new and feel I may have been tricked.

WarPsykosis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3494 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So as the header says, I'm new to second life. I received help from a very nice person in making my first avatar. After creating it, me and this person ended up having sex so I could see how it worked in SL. I was told to put on an item called Mama Alpa. Not knowing what it was, I complied. They told me today their avatar is pregnant. Another friend of mine says people can she you for RL money for a pixel child. Is this true? If so, would this be considered being taken advantage of/a form of harassment? Or is my friend incorrect in the "child support" issue?

2 answers to this question

While the legal environment of the USA is fairly ridiculous, I'd be surprised if anyone has genuinely tried to claim virtual child support - especially when said child is just a pile of variables and functions.

Mama Allpa is a scripted toy and roleplay enhancer. Pregnancy is just an on/off toggle switch in Second Life - no hormones and no cell division, just llRezObject. The 'babies' it then creates are just objects, no more special than any other object in our world. They can be deleted (or turned physical and unlinked) just like any other. Child services will never appear.

So yes, you have probably been taken for a bit of a ride. ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3494 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.