When and where to open packages

isis Grashnar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4887 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was wondering if you could unpack in the dressing rooms? Also how can you tell what needs to be unpacked? Sometimes i unpack a box and the skirt or whatever would just appear. Some thing under objects show a box but i can still wear the items. Also after i unpack the item, am i suppose to delete it under the objects? What do i do with it?

The inventory is sorta confusing at times, but pushing forward.

2 answers to this question

isis Grashnar wrote:

I was wondering if you could unpack in the dressing rooms? Also how can you tell what needs to be unpacked? Sometimes i unpack a box and the skirt or whatever would just appear. Some thing under objects show a box but i can still wear the items. Also after i unpack the item, am i suppose to delete it under the objects? What do i do with it?

The inventory is sorta confusing at times, but pushing forward.

Where to unpack boxes really depends on where you buy your items and rather you have a home.  Many people own land or rent houses or apartments where they have permissions to rezz objects.  Some shops allow their customers to rezz objects in the store but that creates the possibility that people could rez junk everywhere, so many shop owners do not allow it.  There are also public sandboxes that allow anyone to rezz objects, so if you have no home location or shop that allows rezzing objects, look for a public sandbox (in search)

As far as what to do with the box after you unpack it, kind of depends on the permissions of the object and its contents.  If the clothes are copy, then deleting the box will help keep your inventory under control.  However if the clothes are copy AND modify then you might consider keeping the box just in case you decide to modify the clothes inside and make a mistake.  Frankly that's the approach I take.  I unpack a box, move the folder containing the clothes into my clothes folder and then move the original box into the same folder.

--Cinn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4887 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.