New to mesh, need mesh model for Zbrush?

Piper Shan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all! Im wanting to get into using mesh for my clothing in second life. Im used to using zbrush for sculpted prims ect, but have yet to dabble in mesh.

I assume that there must be a location that users can download the human shape for second life to upload into a 3D program in order to creature these items? Id appreciate it if someone could link me to a place I can get the second life avatar model to work with.

Thanks in advance!:matte-motes-nerdy:

The base avatars can be downloaded here http://lecs.opensource.secondlife.com/fittedmesh/SecondLifeAvatarSkeleton.zip

(OBJ, DAE, Maya and Blender formats are included for both male and female)

To be honest...ZBrush is not a suitable tool for rigged mesh creation. You definetely need something else, Blender is a great free tool for that.

You can of course design the garmet in Zbrush, but the final rigging has to be done somewhere else.

I would start by learning how to use Blender, and after you have learned the basics of rigging, then go back to Zbrush with exported basemesh. Sculpt the garmet and bring it back to Blender for final rigging. (Dunt forget, creations has to be lowpoly :D)

• 2 weeks later...

what version of  Z brush do you have?  I have some mesh male models  that I have downloaded from a freebie site or 2 and you can actually get the make human program for free and create both make and female mesh baser models. 

I asked about your version of Zbrush because I purchased a mesh model that came in a zpr file which can only be opened by zbrush4   I had a trial copy of zbrush 3 when I purchased it thinking that would open the file for me. so I have been looking for somone with zbrush 4 that can open the file and save each of the indivual parts as files I can use in blender gimp and photoshop

i do have some copies of the standard male and female base avatar also that I could send you

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.