3d's Max export fitted mesh problem

Soonely

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

While I am exporting fitted mesh there appears an error "Material is not a subset of the reference model".

While I upload first I upload fitted mesh skeleton, then I upload my rigged mesh".

I really don't know how to fix this problem.

I hope someone can help. :)

Could you be a bit more specific in how you approach uploading your item and what it is?

You say you have a problem exporting, but are then talking about importing in SL, which indicates you have an exported model to work with.

Uploading your skeleton seperately from your model is not the way to upload items, you upload your model, with (custom skeleton) or without a skeleton (the default skeleton), this you can choose in the upload options.

Oh yes I see now I used exporting word I mean ecport from 3d's Max to Import to SL.

Anyway I rigged sweater and skirt with the new skeleton for fitted mesh.

When I import ( someone told me to do it like this to avoid high costs) I upload first skeleton female given by LindenLab and in the source I search  for my rigged model with all bones.

1. Upload Mesh -> I upload default skeleton for fitted mesh, then I tick load with skin weights.

3. In the window then in source I choose load from file and I search for my rigged fitted mesh. 

4. In the LOD section I change values of each LOD and make low and middle less triangles like middle: 4 low: 2.

5. I click to load and then appears this problem.

With rigged mesh this method worked there was no errors. But with fitted appears this error.

I don't know why. 

I really don't understand your procedure with uploading the skeleton, I've never heard of a "source" in the uploader, maybe I missed something; I don't use the latest viewer.

What I do, and what seems to work just fine, is to upload just the object, which is rigged to the fitted mesh skeleton in 3ds Max. All the information SL needs about the skeleton is in the object (in your case the sweater) itself. Just tick the "include skin weights" and you should be fine. The uploading should be exactly the same as for non fitted mesh, the only difference is in 3ds Max, where you rig to the collision bones instead of the skeleton bones.

If that doesn't work, I suspect something (probably not rig-related) went wrong in 3ds Max.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.