I have a parcel on Linden Land. I want to buy some adjacent abandoned land but can't

Thomasine Guisse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a 2048 parcel on Linden Land. I have wanted to buy some adjacent abandoned land that is owned by Governor Linden. But I cannot as these parcels' status of "Not for Sale"  I have a near neighbor that was able to purchase plenty of for sale and abandoned land and has me hemmed in so even my building platform has so many skyboxes that even lowering the platform doesn't give me much room. Her breeding business is a large one and I don't wish to offend her.But with some residents leaving SL, I think LL would jump at the chance to "sell" abandoned land to residents in good standing.

I do not want to go to the hassel of looking for available land, abandoning what I do have and having to pay for both parcels on one month's bill and I can't afford an entire region or sim. Also it is almost impossible to find land with an ocean view, and with LL planning to make an all new version of SL, possibly making us start all over again, I just want another 1024 adjacent plot to have more prims and put up a taller building that would not interfer with my neighbor's view so her business is visible.(Or maybe I do want what to put up my 28m castle and block her view a little, since all the darn skyboxes hem my building platform too closely.

Thanks for any help, advise or whatever.

Lune Shadow (thomasine.guisse)

1 answer to this question

Hello Lune!

Bothersome neighbors are always a problem.  You have a number of possible options.

1. Talk to your neighbor and explain why you are unhappy.  Maybe she will agree to move some of her skyboxes to give you a better view.
  2. If you use the Firestorm viewer, you can permanently (until you choose to undo it) de-render objects.  You can make her offensive skyboxes disappear, at least in your own viewer.  Your guests will still see them, though.
  3. You can petition Linden Lab to sell you a parcel that's adjacent to your land, even if it is not marked for sale.  To do this, file a Support Case and explain your reasons why you think LL should sell you the parcel.  Be sure to give the coordinates of the land you want!  There is no guarantee that LL will agree...but they might.
  4. You can move.  There is a lot of vacant land on the mainland, and it's really not so hard to pack up your stuff and move to a parcel with a better view and better (or fewer) neighbors.  You can avoid paying for both parcels if you sell or abandon your current land BEFORE buying the new parcel.
  5. You can move to a private estate.  On many of them, the covenant helps to preserve the neat and tidy appearance of things.  Estates tend to be less chaotic than the mainland.  Be sure to read the covenant before you buy any estate parcel, and are in agreement with its restrictions.  Remember that you, as well as the neighbors, will have to abide by them!  You don't have to be a Premium member to have land on an estate, so you can save that money too, if you wish.
  6. Possible, but not recommended:  You can retaliate.  Put up the ugliest, most disgusting builds you can think of.  Put up those ugly "privacy" prims around your land.  Texture the outsides with messages like "Betsy Breeder Is A Ripoff Artist."  Set off particle poofers at random intervals.  Hold loud parties at all hours.  You know...be an a**hole and hope that SHE will move away in disgust.
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.