Strange texture problem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello peps.

I have a problem(?) with my viewer or system. Some avatars and prims in SL are full bright, as in not reflecting any light at all. It doesn't matter if it's day or night, if I'm inside or outside, the stuff is just full bright and look so bright and cartoonish.

Its out of my control it seems! :/

Like when I buy whole sets, some parts of those sets are full bright, while others aren't. :/

My videocard is a nvidia 580gtx. I run everything at max in SL, and it looks great, except for those full bright objects.

Could it be my setup? Help plz! :D

millekarnille wrote: [...] Like when I buy whole sets, some parts of those sets are full bright, while others aren't.
:/

It would help to know either what some of those sets are, or whether others see them as you do. After all, they may indeed have some parts set as full bright.

Of the things that are set to full bright have mod permissions you can fix it yourself.  Just click the item, go to Edit then under the Texture Tab uncheck Full Bright.

If they are copy/no mod, you could contact the creator and ask them to send you a version without the full bright textures.  They are not obligated to do so, but most creators want their customers to be happy with their purchases.

If you are wearing a full body avatar or parts of a body over the default avatar, then the advice above also applies to it.  If it has mod permissions you may need to detach it and rez it on the ground to be able to change it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.