How am I changing my keyboard language?

Wolfen Greggan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I use Firestorm and every now and then when I type my font comes out as Japanese or Chinese characters and I have to relog to reset it to English. I know I must be hitting some combination of keys to change it but I have no idea which ones. Someone told me a while ago how to fix it but i can't remember. Anyone out there know how to change it back without relogging?

Windows-based Operating Systems use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift to change keyboard layouts, if your computer is configured with multiple layouts. This is the default configuration.

Second Life can make this keyboard combination easy to press accidentally, such as when using your camera or building.

To alter this behaviour in Windows 7:-

1. Go to Control Panel > Region and Language
  2. Select Keyboards and Languages tab
  3. Click button Change keyboards...
  4. Select Advanced Key Settings tab
  5. Select list item Between input languages
  6. Click button Change Key Sequence...

You can use Not Assigned to disable, or reconfigure to a different shortcut if this functionality is still required.

You may have multiple key sequences specified - all entries in the Advanced Key Settings tab should be reviewed to check for conflicts.

Good luck.

i've had this problem before and fixed it easily with some guidance from the hubby!
On the bottom right of your screen, by the clock, you should see something that says
like USA/ENG or something or Multi, you just wanna click that and change it to your default language, it's some hot key that randomly enables it, i STILL to this day have no idea WHAT combination turns it on but it's so random when all my ! turn out as E's with accents LOL 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.