I have a major issue! I have lost several things!

Rain724

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have lost several things that i purchased on the marketplace....the things are in my history but nothing returned....I moved from one property to another and i lost furnture tv's dog and more.....If there is anyway i coulod retrive my things or is this lindes wasted?

2 answers to this question

Rain,

I'm so sorry you have experienced some loss of your objects in Second Life. The recovery method is determined by the circumstances of how they became missing. I'll explain below:

Leaving one Property [Parcel] for another [Parcel]

When you move, you need to pick up you possessions one at a time before giving up your parcel. This is usually done using your mouse and selecting the item, right-mouse clicking it and selecting the Take option. In most cases, the object will be returned back into the original folder in your inventory that you 1st rezzed it into the world from.

Note: If you see the TakeTake a Copy & Delete options all highlighted, then you may simply delete this copy of the object. These options when present together inform you that the rezzed object is a "Copy" item. The original will be still in your inventory in its original folder.

No-Copy items will only present the Take & Delete options  Always Take these back into your inventory.

Being Evicted from a Parcel

If you were evicted from a parcel and are not allowed back there, then you items may still be rezzed on the original parcel. A more likely possibility is that your objects have been returned to you en-mass by the owner of the property you were leasing. In the later case, you will find them in your Lost and Found folder, usually as a Coalesced Object with an unusual name. Simply look for a Rubik's Cube icon in the your Lost and Found folder. The a land owner returns things to you like this the SL Server will highlight and merge your objects into an assembly and name it after the root prim of the last object included into the group. Sometimes this is a name you recognize, sometimes not.

To get this hodgepodge put back into your inventory in a usable objects you will need to either visit a sandbox or lease another parcel with the same general dimensions & prim count of your previous parcel. WHY? Because you have to successfully rezz this Coalesced Object and then Take each of the items back into your inventory.

Note: Please understand that when you let a land owner return your belongings in this manner, all the links to the original folders in your inventory are lost. So after you have recovered each of the individual objects, you will have to reorganize them back into their respective folders so they are easy to find again.

Other Issues

If you do not have any Coalesced Object in your Lost and Found folder, then you need to contact your previous landlord and request permission to collect your things and/or request that they return them to you ASAP.

If you were living with a friend, the the same advise applies to them as well.

I hope this helps,

Good Luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.