How Do I pay someone when I can't log into Second life?

Sylvia Kayor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5065 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

Create an Alt and try logging in using that. If you can get in using the Alt then

a) purchase some Linden dollars and pay your landlord *make sure to tell them you're the Alt of another account

or

2) contact your landlord by IM and ask them for their email address so you can attempt to pay them by PayPal.

Can you elaborate on the login failure?

Well it keeps saying Login Failed  And that it's tryign to log me out. My account will not be available until a time normally about 3 mins later. When I go to log in after the specified time, it does the samething over and over. Yesterday I found a way to get through it with a tip someone else gave. But it doesn't work today and now i've been unable to log on for hours. I tried to pull up her name, but I can't seem to open it up without being logged in? Are there any steps as to how I can reach her from off SL?

One quick suggestion. Since your main avatar might be ghosted and you have an alt, you should consider giving your alt the ability to "See me on the map".  That way they would be able to locate your ghosted avatar.  And visa versa of course.  Wouldn't want your alt lost either :-)

--Cinn

• Like 1

Thanks CINN. I was thinking about that. Because I can't for the life of me locat my last location. Is there a way to see where my last location is without logging in? I know i'm online because I sent an IM. I hit MM boards so I can't remember my last location. I hope LL can help and do the restart so that I can get back to playing. I rarely use my alt so SL isn't the same with no friends.

No way that I know of to know where you are without a friend (or an alt) being able to see you on the map.  I know it won't help in this case, but giving your alt that capability is worth doing once you are freed.  In the case of being ghosted it can save a whole lot of time having an alt that can find you.  Particularly if you in up on a private sim, as you can usually get the owner to reboot quicker than a support ticket with Linden.   Although to Linden's credit, whenever I've had to deal with a ghosted avatar at the place I work, I've always used Live Chat and always managed to get a reboot in a couple hours and that was on mainland.

--Cinn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5065 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.