tp problems

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

a club i go to and dance at has moved to a new region

when i try to tp to it the status bar shows up displaying contacting new region

then about 10/20 seconds i am booted out of second life with the message

view local chat/im or quit

i have checked with the owner of the club and hes says im not banned and other people

were getting into the sim no problem

can someone please helpme

A couple of easy things you might try. First, reboot your router and any other local network gear including your computer and anthing else between it and the ISP's entry point.

If that doesn't help, then remove *all* attachments from your avatar and try again. (That means removing everything including hair, HUDs, mesh/prim clothing, etc.;  in fact, the easiest way is to use a "test avatar" if you know how to do that.)

but i do not know about the test avatar thing

Yeah, it's complicated because it's in different locations for different viewer versions and TPVs. In recent Linden viewers, it's in the Develop menu (search for Test Male or "Test Female" on this page). Getting the Develop menu to show is another hurdle, a preference dependent on choice of viewer.

Anyway, the point is just to get rid of all attachments and see if it helps; the test avatar is just a shortcut for doing that (and replacing all worn textures with basic Library stuff).

• 7 months later...

When you see that message you've been logged out of that region. Take a break and fix a cup of coffee.  Go to a different region on a different SL task, maybe.

Point being that between SL and the region you were trying to get to a PLACE in, they are in a state of confusion if or whether you already exist in that region,

If after a delayed attempt to get in there is STILL an issue getting to where you want to be, then as easily as not the issue is something completely outside your control.

The Region and the Sim both have limits on how many Avatars and how many Prims can exist on their land. If the limit is 100 for example and you're Avatar #101 knocking on the door then you're not getting in.

I'm not going to get into "Rolling Restart Havoc" because I'm a 'newbie' myself and I'm bot supposed to know such profanities. [kidding],

KaineKatarn wrote:

i have checked with the owner of the club and hes says im not banned and other people

were getting into the sim no problem

I wouldn't believe him; he's probably having a laugh at your expense.

Or maybe one of his security staff are.

Try and sneak in with an alt.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.