How to tell if you can modify scripts in items on MP

Kira Wroth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been buying modifiable items on MP, only to discover that the scripts are no mod. I am wondering if there is any way to tell for certain whether I can modify the scripts (I am trying to add scripts to the items). Thanks so much for your help!

There's no way to tell unless the creator specifically states that the scripts are modify.  99% of the time, unless it's a full perm product, you can pretty much guarantee the scripts are no modify.  You can always ask the seller before buying their product.

Always glad to help.

If furniture is what you're buying and you want to learn how to set up your own, it's hard to beat zEd's Multi-Pose System.  The initial investment might seem like a lot, but it is a powerful feature-rich system for setting up furniture.  It'll meet all of your needs, from the smallest project to the largest.  As long as the items are modifiable, you could delete the existing scripts (which are no modify) and create your own sits with animations using such a tool.

• 4 weeks later...

You should always assume that unless it explicity states in the listing that the scripts are mod, that they are no-mod. Why? Because scripts are what give that item its functionality, it's what makes that item unique. Scripts are an integral part of the product itself. If someone made all their scripts mod, anybody could just rip it and sell a similar product for half the cost, or even worse sell it as a freebie.

The default assumption should be that scripts are no-mod.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.