dae low prim -> a lot of impact?

magichood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

captura foro.png

the blender file is only about 1000 vertex, but impact when upload dae is so hard around 53,

i wonder if they are in blender any option in dae export options, or any type of modifier,,, 

someone has something happened similar thing? thank you very much

In case it's small enough, and the Low, and Lowest LoD have a chance to contribute to the reduction of the land impact, 1180 triangles is fairly high for these LoD, and the land impact is expectedly high. As well as when the mesh is large and the lower LoD don't have any effect in the download weight calculation.

If it's a large mesh, there isn't much you can do besides lowering the overall polycount, and/or cutting it in pieces so that the bounding box size of each piece will be small enough to take more LoD models into account of the land impact calculation formula.

Edit to add: Looking closer to your screenshot, it looks like the viewer failed to set the lower LoD correctly according to the numbers set.

• Like 1

Look mat the individual weights by clicking the "More Info" link in the edit dialog. My guess would be that you have a high physics weight. That depends on how you set up the physics shape. By default, it's the convex hull of the low LOD mesh. If you also used default LODs, the low LOD of an item like this still has a complex hull with many vertices. If you selected a LOD and didn't "Analyze" (convert to a set of hulls), that would be even worse. If it is the physics weight, then you need to provide a nice simple mesh for that - maybe a six-sided cylinder (Analyzed physics weight 0.52) and Analyze.

Otherwise, if this is very big, so that only the high LOD counts, that will give you a high download weight.

ETA: also, the automatic LOD algorithm might have a hard time with a convoluted thing like this. What are the triangle counts in the LOD steps when you upload?

• Like 1

Ah yes. Now I can see the numbers - so it is the GLOD library failing to handle the complexity. In that case, the solution is to make your own LOD meshes. This is very flat. So for the lowes applicable LOD I would use a 6 or 8 sided circle, duplicated with inverted normals so it has two sides, with an image of the high LOD as the texture. You have then to add a hidden triangle at the higher LODs to put a new material with the low LOD texture on. Which LOD to use this at depends on the final size. If it's less than about 8m across, it's the lowest LOD, then the low LOD as well up to about 15m across, and the medium too if it's >60m.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.