Everything is Wrong

Erik Karsin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey, if anyone can help me with this I'll be forever grateful and tell everyone I know how cool u are.

PROBLEM:

* a few mins after logging in all textures, world and avatar, begin during black.

* if i log in starting at my home, im guaranteed to get the black textures happening.

* if i log in from anywhere other than home, my avi will sometimes go invisible except for prim parts, and i may lose the ability to see local and private chat.

* it gets better

* if i equip certain shirts, pants dissapear. (yes i know about layers, im not doing it wrong). and using the eyes i normally use removes my shirt. i couldnt make this up if i tried.

CAUSE OF PROBLEM:

* sl used to work fine for me, untill i had to clear my comp and reinstall my OS (vista). ever since that sl has been giving me these problems.

If anyone can help Id appreciate it.

Btw Im using the regular SL viewer, nothing fancy, and yes its the latest version.

Thanks

2 answers to this question

I have the same problem for a few days now. But once I log in everything is normal. Then after teleporting around a little, all unloaded textures become black till they are loaded. I very much suspect that this is related to the Viewer 2.0. Probably when you have both installed. Maybe it would help to deinstall one or if you didn´t use it yet, install it and start using it.

I routinely wipe and re-install my OS, which is also Vista. Forgive me if I'm telling you things you've already done, but ...

Take the time to install ALL the Windows updates

Make sure you have all the latest drivers installed, especially graphics, but I've found that the CPU and BIOS should be updated, if available

Use a utility that let's you enable/disable start up programs. I prefer Glary Utilities for that as it will also -

Clean up and defrag your registry

Double the size of Windows' virtual memory/buffers

When you are at the SL log in page, edit your graphics preferences, including Hardware Options to disable the VBO (OpenGL Vertex Buffer Objects)

Also, under Hardware Options, max the Texture Memory (MB) slider bar. This will end up resetting to the proper amount, which is about 50% of the RAM on your graphics card.

Once you are in SL, go to Advanced>Rendering and enable multiple threads

Next, Advanced>Debug Settings and set the VectorizeEnable to True, then set VectorizeSkin to True as well

There's likely more, but I hope that helps

Message was edited by: Henry Darkthief for spelling, I'm not awake yet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.