Do you need a Photographer for your in world store images of for your MP store?

2013UK

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ignore the following if you do not like constructive criticism.

I feel like the logo is unprofessional, it has a flat don't on top of a child like one that is laid out like building blocks. I would personally go with the plain bold faced sharp "Skewphotography" rather than both, emphasis one or the other and make it rectangle etc so that you also reduce the negative space.

Secondly on the photo side I recommend learning more tools. And definitely increase your anti aliasing when taking a photo. The Jessica rabbit one is great, the rest really bring it down a couple notches. The child logo on top of the photos doesn't contribute to anything, and should be in a corner, not center. (Aka don't move it on each photo. Consistency is king)

Just a quick critique, best of luck!

Thank you for you're critique always nice to hear others opinion's however I feel I need to defend the logo.

The SKEW logo is actually part of a bigger brand and keeps in line with the rest it's also designed to appeal to children as well as adults. While discussing the logo I will assume that you meant the word 'Font' not 'don't' in your first paragraph (just a small point it might be good to read through what you type - just a quick critique).

The logo on the images by the way is just to stop the images from being used - a copyright if you like - as downloading images from a website is so easy to do. They are not on the images supplied to clients. I will add a note to the website to make this clear and I take on board your point about the place to put the logo however I did not wish to cover up some important parts of the picture on some of them and suffered cosmetic injustice but later pictures that i upload I will be uniformed

I use a great number of tools in my post processing and I do use anti aliasing as standard but some of those images may be slightly older I may need to look at that however a few of those I am very proud of and have won competitions in SL.

2013UK wrote:

While discussing the logo I will assume that you meant the word 'Font' not 'don't' in your first paragraph (just a small point it might be good to read through what you type - just a quick critique).

Wonderful critique, but I feel I must defend the writing. You see the writing was all done on my mobile while waiting for a haircut 

;)

I would recommend a watermark rather than a logo. It takes away from your overall feel, if that is why you use it.. watermarks are better in this case. 

I don't mind you defending your shtuff, but it is extremely silly to use old work in a portfolio. The five photos you showcase on the page are of different levels. Congrats on winning contests. 

Anyhow, I am on my pc now and can view the whole thing

http://www.skewphotography.com/#!Fashion-1png/zoom/c22j5/imagerj7

Very jagged edges, anyhow. I won't further the critique because you didn't seem very receptive to it :| Your prices do reflect the amount of post processing you do, so I suppose that is fair enough

Best of luck with your business~

Laughing now - I do enjoy banter and yes I do see the advantage of a watermark and will look into that and I am very open to your comments so please do feel free by the way the 5 you were talking about are only for the gallery names if you click on the wording it will open more pictures up :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.