permissions problem

Kaylan Draken

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5295 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi all,

I made a object with script and notecards in it.

The object is copy-only (object is no modify) but the notecards are all full permissions (copy, modify and transfer)

But when i give the object to another person that person can't open the notecard.

That person also don't get a warning that they don't have enough permissions and if they check the permissions on the notecard

they see they have all permissions.

How can i set a object on 'No Modify' and the notecards on full permissions and people still can open the notecards?

(is this maybe changed witht the update of yesterday?)

thanks

8 answers to this question

The problem is that your object is no modify.

The notecard may be mod/copy/trans but the "no modify" setting of your object prevents that the next owner can edit the notecard. The object as container of the notecard superseeds the permission of the notecard in such a case. Set the object to "modify for next owner" and they will be able to edit the notecard.

Cobra

The problem is that the object is 'no modify' and i don't want to give the next owner modify permissions on the object.

The next owner could then change some object options (like path cut and top shear) what will give problems with the scripts.

Is it so that if you have scripts with configuration notecards that you always have to give modiy permissions on the object?

Hi Kaylan,

If you want to keep the object no mod, you need to write a script to give the person the notecard. You can use a chat listener, a menu, a touch event, or other ways to have the ojbect give the person a notecard. A very basic script for giving a help notecard when the person types "Help" in local chat is as follows:

{
    state_entry()
    {
        llListen(0,"","","");
    }

listen(integer ch, string str, key id, string msg)
    {
        if ((msg == "Help") && (id == llGetOwner()))
        {
            llGiveInventory(id, "Help Notecard");
        }
    }
}

Feel free to contact me in world if you need a more detailed solution.

Thanks for your suggestion but the problem isn't giving a notecard but the next owner has to change

the notecard (full perm) in a no mod prim (used the notcard for configuration options).

But i solved it another way. I made a script that when the Change event(shape/size) trigger certain properties i don't want

that the next owner can change is set back to my values. (used llSetPrimitiveParams to do this)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5295 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.