My first post! Need some answers :)

Lux Chiantelle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5377 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey peeps, my first post and yes, I have some questions....

1) In my favorites in Xstreet, the items only disappear only when I purchase them.  The "delete selected items" does not work.....any ideas....? I need to get rid of some things I saved but have changed my mind about....getting upwards of 6 pages of things to sort through.

2)When I use the link to community posts, the text info shows on the page, but the middle part, which I'm assuming would be some sort of photo and slurl info does not show up.

3) When I try to use the slurls off some of the listing in xstreet, it opens the page on the map (slurl), but does not bring up the info inworld anymore to tp .....

any ideas?  thankies!!

Luxxie =^-^=

5 answers to this question

Hi Lux

I have that same problem with my "favorites".  I assume you're using Internet Explorer.  Its an IE issue.  What I have to do to clear out the favorites is, go to XstreetSL in a differant browser and remove the favorites from there.  It works for me.  I also have the same issue with the SLurls as you do, havent gotten a fix for that one yet.

Owner, Ink Blots, come by and get Ink'ed

• Like 1

Right,

I don't know the answers to the first two qustions, but I do have a work around for the third question, about slurls.

When you open the map page, if you highlight the url and copy it, then past it into chat  whilst in-world, that will act the same was as a slurl (if you look at the address in the address bar forthe map, you'll see that it IS actually a slurl -ie, it says slurl in the name)

Hope that helps you.

^^

• Like 1

Hello Lux, sounds like there's some issues with IE, as suggested by the other commenters.

1) In my favorites in Xstreet, the items only disappear only when I purchase them.  The "delete selected items" does not work.....any ideas....? I need to get rid of some things I saved but have changed my mind about....getting upwards of 6 pages of things to sort through.

Unfortunately this is a bug with XStreet and IE. It's been reported by other residents see pJIRA issue The "Remove Marked" button on the "My Favorites" page does not function

The issue is being investigated by the LL Developers; any comments you wish to add on the issue, and your vote, will give useful information.

As Q Linden says on his recent Blog post Taking technical feedback from Residents

How the bug report is handled

After submitting an issue, you might want to point it out to some friends. People can vote for issues they care about. Linden Lab uses vote count to help point out the issues we should pay the most attention to. Vote count is not the only measure, of course, but all things being equal, an issue with more votes will get attention sooner.

pJIRA is a tool for residents to file new feature requests as well as bug reports   (The "P" stands for Public.) An overview and common questions about pJIRA can be found in the Creating bug reports and feature requests in the Public Issue Tracker

How do I log in to   the Tracker?

- Visit https://jira.secondlife.com and click the 'Log In' link on the top right of   the page

- On the login page, enter your Second Life username (Firstname Lastname) and password.

2)When I use the link to community posts, the text info shows on the page, but the middle part, which I'm assuming would be some sort of photo and slurl info does not show up.

Please see this Microsoft article for suggestions why Pictures are not displayed on Web sites in Internet Explorer

3) When I try to use the slurls off some of the listing in xstreet, it opens the page on the map (slurl), but does not bring up the info inworld anymore to tp .....

This is probably also the way IE is set up.

Make sure you have the latest version of Internet Explorer & Java and check your internet security under Tools > Options > Security How to use security zones in Internet Explorer

Or you could try another Browser like Firefox or Google Chrome

Hope this helps

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5377 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.