I am not a good English Speaker. Is this game for me?

Shorahmin Femto

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Hi, wellcome in Second Life!

You have a lot of opportunities here, even if you do not feel confident speaking English:

When you create your avatar, you can browse among a list of communities and look there if there is one speaking your native language.

Inworld (when you login on the virtual world) you can ask a SL Mentor to have some help in your language.

Then you can easily search places of interest of your country or join open groups.

Moreover the experience of being in Second Life, teleporting from a place to another, will let you meet hundreds of people that possibly can improve your english skills!!

I know that Second Life viewer has recently been translated in a lot of languages. So as soon as they become available you can even download the one more suitable for you! Enjoy

More about other languages

In your Preferences, you can choose which language your version of SL displays for menus and buttons, etc :

Edit > Preferences > General 

At the bottom you will see a drop down menu for languages - there are several non-English languages featured, i.e. Dansk, Deutsch, Espanol, Francais, Magyar, Polski, Portugues, Chinese, Japanese, Korean.

There is also a very useful free translator you can get which only one person needs to "Wear" to have a conversation :

• click Search, then the All tab
  • type in simbolic
  • click the Search button
  • click the site that appears in the list, then click Teleport

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.