Please help the work of Alpha special clothes

Jumbomahmo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

"Special cloothes" what do you mean by that, jumbo? maybe if you give us here some photos showing we'd help better.

Anyways even if I am not a max user what you want to do I belive can be done anywhere.

I do it in photoshop as in maya with the same method,what I'll give you is the tips for start your own method in max.

First of all I work with a SL clothes templates  for old clothes system, those lines and squares can always come useful when paintng especially if like you say the dress is special.

I take one of the SL dae avatar and put on them 3 different materials loading for each of them the template that I need ( generally you'd just need lower and upper body).

I use those SL clothes templates as psd cause I go to paint not straight on the template but on an invisible alpha layer put above them.

once done this I load my clothes or piece of armors or whatels e and fit them on the SL avatar dae wearing those layers for clothes as told above.

I start painting with a rigid brush along the lines  with precision ,then on the exposed parts , the one that in world won't be covered by your dress.

When finished I save export my laywers made this way and open them in photoshop or gimp. then save them as Tar or as png ( png can be used as long as you export it properly allowing for it the alpha channel , in photoshop just save them as web devices and tick where it asks you to save alpha).

Done what is on your layer now as transparent area will stay that way, what is coloredwould be left from alpha layer.

Torley here would clear your ideas about those layers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.