HELP! WHY ARENT MY ITEMS IN PURCHASE HISTORY? WHEN SL CRASHED I LOST OVER 1100 ITEMS

CdnValleyGal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3714 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

now i have no way to retrieve them. one example is JC creations ... the 5 items i bought from there totalling L 1970 are a total loss because i cant find transaction and i contacted him and he really couldnt care less of course

why is there no record of ALL ITEMS??? and how can i correct all this

4 answers to this question

Hi CdnValleyGal,

You probably did NOT lose 1100 items. Your inventory list is a local copy, on your PC, of the list maintained inside SL's servers. As with other items in cache, that inventory list can be corrupted during a crash. The result is that the next time you log in, you see a whacked out inventory list, which has little to do with "reality". Here's a fix, I hope...

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Inventory_loss

The first of the "Common Solutions" should work for you. In particular, heed the advice in #6, to "wait in place". Your SL connection will be busy refreshing everything in your cache. Teleporting somewhere in the middle of the cache rebuild risks crashing the process. It'll also go faster if you log into a quiet sim like Smith or Pooley, where are are few people and simple scenery.

Regarding in-world purchase history, that only goes back 30 days. Your marketplace history goes back forever.

Good luck!

ETA: In the permalink replies to me, CdnValleyGirl reasserts that she really has lost a lot of things, and that it's happened twice. I've heard of rezzed no-copy objects being lost with a sim crash, and there are the accidental deletions, but what else can make stuff go missing?

So, can any of the rest of you jump in here and help us understand how this may have happened?

CdnValleyGirl, if you'd come back and tell us more about the circumstances around these losses, that would be helpful.

• Like 3

no its all gone ... it happened a couple days ago and in these days following ive tried everything I can to retrieve and its quite upsetting!

my purchases from 1 store alone JC Creations were over 2000 L and theres no record of any of my purchases there so its all a loss now.

why do the stores not have a data base of customers so they can just put in the name and it would show purchase history?

some have been very good and done a resend ... but the ones I spent larger amounts at wont do a damn thing

after all this ill be sticking to the freebies I find ... why waste my L on items that can easily be washed away!? this is 2nd time now its happened to me and both times it was files I was working in when sl crashed. 30 days recovery inworld is nothing too. ive only been on here a few mos and im startin to wonder why bother.

I do THANK YOU very much for taking the time to help me with this Mad!

had to come back and publicly say TY to the honest peeps out there who have helped me retrieve some stuff and more importantly ... a bigggg Ty to those who have helped me try to find solutions.

its easy to get pissy and criticize the less honest and upstanding ... it should be just as easy to extend a handshake to those on the opposite side of the scale!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3714 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.