Sand Texture for Sand Castle. Common Colors?

RipleyVonD

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm wondering if there are common Sand Texture colors that are recommended or are often used in Second Life. I havent visited any beaches in Second Life, if anyone knows of some often used colors or some destinations I could visit that would be very helpfull, Thanks.

Ok, so here are a few images showing some of the features of this Sand Castle. This Castle uses two 512x512 maps on its surface area or UVs, whats amazing to me is even after all the maps it uses it still only rezzes in seconds, and I'm on a slower 3 mb DSL line. This Castle uses 6 maps in total 2x Diffuse (Color), 2x Normal Maps, 2x Specular. I made 2 different sets of Diffuse maps so one Castle is normal and one glows at night.

The first three show how a Normal Map can dramaticaly change the surface of a model.

Here you can see Ambient Occlusion baked into its textures helps with some form of lighting when in shadow. 

And this one which is my favorite is the other version that glows at night. You can probably tell I'm a Scifi movie fan of sorts.

The land impact is 12 after setting the LOD options to their optimal settings. The uploader says it has 2300 triangles, and it uses just a cube for physics. 

Hopefully I'll have it up as my debut product on my store in the next few days.

Well done!
Did you say it is your first mesh project?

In my mind a sand castle wouldn't be as glossy as yours but that is a matter of opinion and taste
If you sell it modifiable glossiness can be adjusted in world by the end user

:smileysurprised::):smileyvery-happy:

(you can use the viewer camera to get clean pictures stored on your computer)

Thanks. Right its my first project for "Second Life", but I'm not unfamiliar with 3d Modeling. Its hard to tell from the pictures but actualy only the stairs, the walkways, and the 3 structures are shiny, not the little Sand Hill.

Yes I am planning to make it "Mod" so people can easily moddify it to their liking. I agree a sand Castle's surface should be duller but for the purpose of seeing the Normal Maps a little better I made parts of it shiny.

I forgot that I could take a picture with the viewer it self, (lol) I'm so used to using the snippet tool for taking screenshots.

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.