Sign in to follow this  
Tomos Halsey

Enabling Intel Iris Graphics For Bootcamp Users

So I got a mac and loaded windows on it because my software selection doesn't have much mac support. I would login to the sl or firestorm viewer to find that my iris gpu wasn't being detected. After looking through the gpu_table.txt file to see that it had a listing for the intel iris card it was strange that the card wasn't being picked up. I looked into the log of the viewer to see that it was looking for a card with (TM) in the name. I modified the regex in the gpu_table to ignore the (TM) in the graphics card name and voila, it works. So the file you will want to look for is either gpu_table.txt in the viewers root folder or, somewhere in your AppData/Roming/Viewername location. Just open the file and replace the lines with Intel Intel

From This...

Intel Intel Iris Graphics 5100       .*Intel.*Iris Graphics 51.*       4    1    0    4
Intel Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200   .*Intel.*Iris Pro Graphics 52.*   4    1    0    4

To This...

Intel Intel Iris Graphics 5100      .*Intel.*Iris.* Graphics 51.*       4    1    0    4
Intel Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200  .*Intel.*Iris.* Pro Graphics 52.*  4    1    0    4

Hi,

I am looking for some answers regarding my isse with my SL and Firestorm and I cam accross to this topic. Tried following the steps, but still confused. :matte-motes-crying: This is the screen shot link of what I"ve found and not sure which ones to really replace with "Intel" words. Kindly help me if I am on the right track: http://prntscr.com/3bnhj0

Thank you so much! 

You will want to use a more advanced text editor that supports the encoding format of the txt file. I just used Visual Studio C++ and it looked fine probably because they used it. I got them to fix it in the more recent versions of the viewer but it looks like it's been set back. I left this up for refrence because its hard to get the freaking firestorm team to listen.

Dear Tomos, I tried to use your hint, but unfortunately did not find gpu_table.txt anywhere on the computer. Could you please help? Thank you. Best regards, Petr

PetrToman wrote:

... I am using Windows 8.1...

So why are you here, posting to a thread about Macs/Bootcamp/Retina Displays?

Innula's smart response to this question gives the location of gpu_table.txt.

Or read the OP in this thread better. gpu_table.txt is in AppData\Roaming, this is a hidden (system) folder by default - you'll need to make it visible before you can find it.

Hi, I have read it carefully and even our IT guy tried his best. Unfortunately there is no gpu_table.txt on my Bootcam (MacBook Pro Retina with Windows 8.1) anywhere (incl. AppData\Roaming). I have checked all suggested locations, switched to see both hidden and system folders/files, searched whole Bootcamp partition, but it is just not there... Thus I do expect that the guys here probably used previous version of Windows. Hopefully someone can help...

I forgot to mention though, there is also a gpu_table.txt in the root of the viewer folder I have to change sometimes when the viewer wont read the one in the "roaming" folder. Try going to the folder the viewer is in and look there for the gpu_table.txt