Sending a message froma prim to another prim located anywhere gride wide

Iva Rhapsody

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm looking for a way to send a request from one prim to another in a differnt region, the 2nd prim owned by me would then send an item NOT full perm to the avatar specified in the message..ie a device I sell which is owned by the buyer requests the item be sent from the second prim located in another region, like a networked vendor but nothing so complex, dedicated to serving a single boxed product, I'm familiar with using email to do this but the server may have to be moved at some point in the future so it's email address which would be hard coded is subject to change, is there a way using http to do this ?

The simplest thing to do is to get some cheap web hosting and just have a page that you keep up to date with the UUID of the server object. The client object owned by the customer would use llHTTPRequest to get this UUID, format it to an object's email address (<uuid>@lsl.secondlife.com), and send an email with whatever information you want to the server object.

That should be fine and dandy as long as the URL to the UUID page doesn't change, and you remember to update the UUID page every time you move the server.

If you want to have it update automatically or use HTTP-In, you would need to use PHP or some other script on the webserver to store the new URL or UUID.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.