Custom Mesh wedding dress needed!

Jennie02

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3574 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Getting married soon and we are having a beach style wedding. i heve spend the last week anda bit, for a few hours each evening, searching inworld and on MP both, but i can not finda dress. Although there are many on there i do like, none of them fit the specific look im trying to go for. I have even gone as far as asking several creators, if they will make my dress for me. Sadly, none of them will. What i need now, is to find someone, who works with mesh, that is willing to make my dress for me. I am willing to bet there is someone out there that can help me,but finding the time in between all the other things needed for the wedding planning, has proven to be extrememly time consuming and difficult, can someone point me in the right direction please?

Hi Jennie

I fully appreciate your desire for something particular.  Just be aware that unless the creator is either doing it for pure fun, or for resale (at which point it won't be a unique item to you), the cost may make your eyes water for a one off event.

Also, why mesh specifically?  If it's a long dress, the rigging sometimes looks a bit odd as the gown won't flow or have any movement.  What can work well is a hybrid item which is a mesh base and bustier and then with flexi gown.

Your choice though of course.  This thread will likely get moved though as it will be better in the Wanted section but also try asking in some of the mesh groups inworld, just use search and ask away.  Don't be surprised to get either no response (sometimes people say nothing if they have no opinion or aren't interested) and don't be surprised if some get inappropriately snotty as some groups are more for creation discussion from a technical sense than "adverts" but hey, nothing ventured nothing gained. 

It would also help if you had a sketch or some other picture to add here as then people can see what sort of thing you're after and can then choose whether to stay silent or see if they fancy doing it.  Also, you may want to quote your budget up front.  If you get no bites then you're definitely in the wrong ballpark but it's not uncommon for people to ask for complex and time consuming custom mesh work and expect to pay only a few thousand L$ instead of many tens of thousands in some cases.

Good luck either way and enjoy your moment.

• 10 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3574 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.