Gesture Hud - URGENT REQUEST

Katia Clifton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3524 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I work in a few clubs and they all have their own set of approved gestures.  I also dance at clubs a lot.  I have a ton of gestures and what I'd like is to have some sort of gesture HUD or organizer where I can organize the gestures by Club A, Club B, Personal, etc.  That sort of thing.  Would be willing to pay (negotiable price) for a customized HUD or system where I can organize my gestures specific to which club I'm in at the moment. 

Or.... if someone has something like this already made, reply here or IM me in-world. 

Gestures are loaded into keybinds within the viewer, AFAIK they cannot be loaded into prims/objects and still be Active (keybound) or Triggered (played). They are required to be inside the user's inventory directly.

Gesture actions can be reproduced through LSL processing a notecard (given correct formatting, translation and capability), this would be a workable solution but the effort required is almost certainly too high.

What you CAN do is organise your gestures into separate inventory folders.

Right-clicking a folder and selecting Add to Current Outfit will Activate all gestures inside that folder.

Right-clicking a folder and selecting Remove from Current Outfit will Deactivate all gestures within that folder.

A gesture cannot be invoked via a script but only by a user typing a trigger in chat. There used to be a way around it by putting gesture triggers on an HUD menu buttons, so the sim server would think that a user typed it and invoke a gesture. However this exploit appears to have quit working in the recent server updates. Most Marketplace "gestures" HUDs immitate a gesture by invoking a sequence from a notecard, which sequence may include animations/sounds/text/etc. but it cannot include a gesture inventory type itself. Some Marketplace HUDs use the above exploit so most probably would not work any longer.

• 8 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3524 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.