Disappearing Objects after a mistaken Auto Return

LissomePrey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have rented a 1/16th of a Sim (not on mainland) for a while. I recently transferred to group ownership with my partner and foolishly did not transfer all the objects (house, garden etc.) on the land to group ownership.

Yesterday I found a couple of boxes an outsider had managed to rezz and switched on auto return to get rid of them. Of  course everything I had added before transferring ownership to the group disappeared. Stupid and in theory I can rebuild but to my question:

Some objects were not auto-returned to my inventory and seem to have disappeared entirely. Should that have happened? Is there any way to get them back? Am I looking at some expensive shopping?

2 answers to this question

They probably WERE returned, but in a form you weren't expecting.

When land Return sends back someone's objects, they are sent in a glump...a single "coalesced object."  It will be in your Lost and Found folder, with the inventory symbol of a small stack of cubes.  It may have the name of any of the objects in the pile, most probably "object".

Find a place with plenty of room, and rez it.  Everything should appear in the same relative positions as when they were last in world.  Then Take the objects back, one by one.

NOTE:  If there were any Linden Plant objects in the glump, you may have trouble rezzing it, as most land is set to not allow this.  Torley Linden maintains a sandbox where Linden Plants may be rezzed.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.