Would scripting in LSL ever allow imports of Libs.

Ugleh Ulrik

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3814 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ugleh Ulrik wrote:

Lets say I want to release a Reddit Framework for LSL. I could have a Reddit script you can get on the marketplace for free, a scripter could drop it in their object, and use another script with an
include
at top.

Within the context of LSL, never. If we ever get the (long-promised!) possibility of using other languages, maybe, but very doubtful. That 64K memory cap isn't going to go away and I don't see how any use of INCLUDE would be useful within that framework.

I don't think this is what you asked for, and it is certainly not libs. But the Phoenix family of viewers have had a pre-processor for LSL for years now that have an #include command and other things you expect from a pre-processor.

I have been using this for some time, and have "libraries" of modular functions that I can just #include in a new script. The included files come off my hard drive, so I can't give someone a script written this way. (Well, you can, but they can only use the post-processed half of the script, with the comments stripped off and the included files added to the body of the code).

It's not perfect, in fact it is sometimes difficult to use. It splits your code into pre and post processed listings. The LSL compiler reports errors in the post processed list, sometimes it is difficult to find where those errors are in your original code. The viewer will let you edit the post processed code, so sometimes I fix things there without realizing I'm not editing the original code and the pre-processor is going to undo all my work.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3814 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.