Problems with IMs delivery when online!

Lea Motniak

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3827 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have problems with receiving IMs when I'm online. I get missed IMs after relog as offline messages though. When people write to me they get info: "User not online - message will be stored and delivered later." But I'm online on secondlife and I can talk on the local chat! They get my messages though, but I don't get their messages. Some friends even don't see me online on their friendlists when I'm acctually online, even if I didn't unchecked visibility! 
I cleaned the cache - it doesn't help. I reinstalled firestorm - nothing. I used different version of firestorm - the same. I used LL viewer - the same still. I restarted my PC and router - nothing helped! To sum up, I can login to secondlife, I'm online, I can talk on local chat, but I can't talk on IMs, because I don't receive messages from people, when they receive my messages. It seems like serious bug/server error. I submited a ticket to LL, but they didn't answer. This is happening since yesterday. Anyone have or had similar problems?

Lea,

That can be so frustrating. I can relate. As a DJ when that happens I just want to scream.

OK - I'm assuming you have not limited your IMs to only Friends and Groups you have so.. When this occurs there are a few reasons it happens.

SERVER MESSAGE CONGESTION - Sometimes the transaction processing ability of the region you are rezzed in gets a bit backed up on processing the IM traffic. This can affect Local Chat, Local Private IM Chat and Group chat. When the region is in this state the acknowledgements that you are currently logged in can also be backed up as well. 

Diagnostic Steps:

1) Try TPing to another less busy region. This won;t push the lagged out IMs still trying to escape or which have become tagged for delivery to your email address, but it can jog your session free to allow you to IM with friends again.

2) Also try repeated logins at a less busy region to see if congested IMs will finally show up.

3) If this clears up the immediate issue and you know the owner of the affected region, ask them to restart it when convenient.

LOCAL INSTALL HAS DAMAGED IM EVENTS IN THE CACHE

Do a clean install per your viewers support page instructions. Deleting the hidden cache & XML & Status configuration files may help.

I'm sure others will be forthcoming with other suggestions.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3827 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.