Help with System Specs and Video Card Thanks :)

Alberto22294

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3846 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello! I'm planning on buying a computer and I wish to know how well the specs will do on Second Life. Thank you guys :) Here are the specs of the system I want to buy: (Graphic Presets if Possible)

-Operating System:       Windows 7 Home Premium, 64Bit, English
-Processor:                    4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4770 processor (8M Cache, up to 3.9 GHz)

-Memory:                       16GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1600Mhz
-Hard Drive:                   1TB SATA 6Gb/s (7,200RPM) 64MB Cache
-Video Card                   NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760 Ti with 2GB GDDR5 

You don't specify the kind of CPU for the system.....but the remaining specs look like it should run SL pretty darn well.

If it's a laptop, the GPU will be a 'mobile', i.e, a GTX 760m, which will have about half to two-thirds the performance of a desktop card.

If those are desktop stats, and the CPU is an dual-core or better at at least 2.0GHz speed, you should be great.  An i5 or i7 intel cpu, or an amd Athlon-II or Phenom-II  cpu should be just fine.

Should run pretty smooth on High, possibly even on Ultra settings.  Depends on what you consider 'soapy smooth' and the sim and how many avatars are on it......

With an i7 and a GTX 760Ti card, with 16GB of ram, you should be pretty well off.  I'd expect FPS rates around 60+ in moderately complex sims, and 40+ on complex ones.  Turn on everything, and those drop to 30+ and 40+ respectively.  If the number of avatars around gets above 7 or so, it'll start dropping further.  Regardless, except really mesh-heavy avatars and objects, I'd expect pretty good performance.  Getting it better than that would require spending a lot more on the graphics card.

Alberto22294 wrote:

Hello! I'm planning on buying a computer and I wish to know how well the specs will do on Second Life. Thank you guys
:)
Here are the specs of the system I want to buy: (Graphic Presets if Possible)

-Operating System:     

Windows 7 Home Premium, 64Bit, English

-Processor:                    
4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4770 processor (8M Cache, up to 3.9 GHz)

-Memory:
6GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1600Mhz

-
Hard Drive:

1TB SATA 6Gb/s (7,200RPM) 64MB Cache

-
Video Card

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760 Ti with 2GB GDDR5

That system is better than mine and I run SL on ultra with shadows enabled with no problem, most of the time.  I do sometimes turn shadows off when I'm on a very crowded sim and only enable depth of field while taking pics.

Win7 64bit, i7 920 CPU, 12GB triple channel GDDR3 RAM, GTX 660/3GB GDDR5 and a SSD for the OS.

...Dres

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3846 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.