Official business contract

Rstan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3860 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone I want to make joint venture in SL - Russian-American Educational Center. My Sl business partner is from the US. I'm from Russia. So we can make International joint venture. But we'd like organize it officially like RL - to get  approve officials like US. embassy and conclude official business agreement about own properties, aims, plans etc.

Is there any practice for it in SL?

There's nothing in SL that supports, enables or provides liability for this. Further, it is difficult to prove accredation inside SL - the best way for this is to arrange the business in RL, and then use SL simply as the location of the business - keeping all legal wriggling in real life (where it's safe and people take responsiblity).

You would each have to visit lawyers in your respective countries, and arrange a (very real) RL contract.

Any contracts must be agreed to in RL using RL names and information, otherwise you will find it very difficult if impossible to enforce. 

Because this is international I suggest you each hire an attorney specializing in international contracts to fully protect yourself.

There are lawyers in SL but before hiring one, be sure to get their RL information and verify it and their qualificatiolns yourself. If they are legitimate they have no problem giving you this information.   Search 'lawyers' to find them.  Talk to a few of them before deciding to hire any.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3860 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.